Adult Culinary Program
We work with adults willing to do what it takes to turn their life around after hardship. Our Adult Culinary program will provide you with the tools, training and support you need to get a long term, good paying job.
Want to learn more? Come to orientation at FareStart, every Tuesday at 9:30 a.m.
They are pretty simple:
- Age 18 or older
- Living below the poverty line
- Clean and sober
- Physically able to train 40 hrs/week for 16 weeks
Here’s what you will get
One of the best training and job placement programs anywhere:
- 16-weeks of food service training
- Work side-by-side with top chefs
- Increasing responsibility and skill
- Resume and computer skills
- Coaching for interviews
- Help looking for a good job
- 6-months of support services after you get a job
Here’s how we will support you
We will help you every step of the way:
- A one-on-one advisor to help you.
- Assistance with housing
- Connection to mental health counseling
- Connection to drug/alcohol counseling
- Bus pass
- Support with basic needs
- Help finding a job
- Support to help you keep a job
- Program is free of charge
Here’s what you have to do
You don’t have to be perfect, but you have to give this your best every day. Show up on time. Be willing to learn, stay with the program, and work hard. If you don’t give up, neither will we. New students start the program every Monday.